Area Events For Car Hobbyists
This is the event calendar for the Richmond area. Please send your events using the
event rules - opens to a new window, close to return to this page
Failure to follow the rules means your event will not be posted.
Caution: Some of these dates have yet to be confirmed. Sometimes show sponsors change dates or times. Please get in touch with the contact person listed with the event before you go!
The CCCCVA posts these events as a service to car hobbyists. The council has no control over the events, what happens at them or the event sponsors.
Shows and Events
- December 14 - The fourth annual running of the ‘Santa’s Helpers Toy Run’ will be on December 14, 2013. It will begin at Chili’s Restaurant 1030 Stafford Market Place Stafford at 10:00 for lunch then at 12:30PM we will leave for the National Museum of the Marine Corps at 18900 Jefferson Davis Hwy. Triangle, VA. Or you can meet us at the museum around 1PM. Bring a new, unwrapped toy to be deposited at the Toys For Tots drop off in the museum. Santa & Mrs. Claus will arrive at 3PM to kick off the days “Family Day” festivities. This is a rain or shine event, come out with your daily driver if the weather will hurt your ‘special’ vehicle! Please bring your kids and/or grandkids out to enjoy the day too. You may disperse from the museum at a time and route of your choosing. If you can’t join us on the 14th you can drop off a toy at Lyons Automotive Center, 17276 Dumfries Road, Dumfries, VA. You can review last year’s event at:
For more info contact Dan Crane at email@example.com 540-842-6891
USMC Museum: www.usmcmuseum.com/index.asp
2014 Shows and Events - Be sure to get yours in soon!
- January 10 - 12 - 2014 Hampton Roads International Auto Show at The Virginia Beach Convention Center, 1000 19th Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 757-385-2000. Info at this website www.hrautoshow.com
- January 25 - 15th Annual Polar Bear Run - annual mystery run to somewhere good. No one knows where we are going until we get there. Info will be posted later.
- February 7, 8, 9 - 52nd Annual Festival of Rods & Customs at Meadow Event Park – Farm Bureau Center, 13111 Dawn Blvd., Doswell, VA 23047 804-994-2800 Fri. 3 pm - 10pm Sat. 10am - 10pm Sun. 10am - 6pm Trophies – 6:30pm 1963-64 top fuel dragster and driver, 1972 top fuel dragster and driver. Brand new location. Longest running indoor show on the East Coast Host Hotel: Best Western Kings Quarters, Doswell, VA 1 mile from show Website www.asphaltangels.net. Contact phone number 804-266-1483
- March 29 - Rain date April 12th - Annual Prince George High School PTA Car Show, 7801 Laurel Spring Road, Prince George, VA 23875, Registration 9 a.m.-11 a.m., Awards -1:30 p.m. , $15 pre-registration, $20 day of event, Entertainment, Vendors, Concessions, Classes for cars, trucks and specialty vehicles. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org,804-943-5409 or email@example.com, 804-720-0061
- April 12 - The Williamsburg British Car Club 15th Annual British and European Car Show at the
Chickahominy Riverfront Park, 1350 John Tyler Highway(Route 5) Williamsburg, VA 23185
Phone: 757-220-4774. Hours 9 AM to 4 PM Saturday. Admission is $25, spectators free. Come out and see over 150 British & European vehicles on display, automotive & food vendors, door prizes, 50-50 charity raffle. For more information contact Roy Gavilan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-220-4774. Website for the show is www.wmbgbrit.com
- April 16 - 20 - The celebration of 50 years of Ford Mustang sponsored by Ford Motor Company and the Mustang Club of America at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, N.C. Info at the website: www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com
- April 19 - Virginia Classic Cruisers 18th annual Open Car Show - from 9:00AM to 4:00PM at Southside Nazarene Church (Route 288 and Courthouse Road), Chesterfield, Virginia. Call Anita Palmore at 804-598-2311 with any questions. Visit our website at www.vaclassiccruisers.com for more detailed information as it becomes available.
- April 25 - 26 - FE Race & Reunion at Beaver Springs Dragway, Beaver Springs PA. Drag racing, show (both for FE powered cars only), Friday night meet and greet. Info at www.fairlanet.com/FE
- April 26 - HBC 7th Annual Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show Location: 7220 Courthouse Road Chesterfield VA, 23832 Show Times: 10.00 a.m. until 3.00 p.m. Registration: 9 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. Rain Date: Saturday, May 3rd -10.00 a.m until 3.00 p.m
Family fun & entertainment including Children & Family Activities. Member provided Baked Goodies, Concession with hamburgers, hot-dogs and all the fix 'ins along with our Famous grilled on site Barbecue.
Trophies Awarded for 6 Classes including all new Rat Rod Division, Best of Show Awards along with Ten different Trophy categories. Over 100 Trophies Awarded in 2013!
Prizes - Prizes - Prizes - Prizes - Prizes - Donation Tickets available for purchase on site or in advance - $2.00 per ticket - awarded day of show - support from Area Merchants, Restaurants, Sporting, Entertainment and so many more - you don't want to miss your opportunity to be a Winner !
Monies collected provide on-gong support to the HBC Children's Outreach Mission
Contact James Leavy at 804-839-6084; email email@example.com
Please visit www.hbccarshow.com for fliers, entry form and additional details.
- May 3 - Rollin' Coal Drags and Truck Show at Virginia Motorsports Park, 8018 Boydton Plank Road, Petersburg VA 23803. The event features Drag Racing, Truck Show and Vendors. Visit our website www.VirginiaMotorsports.com for details. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804.862.3174.
- May 10 - Old Dominion Late Great Chevys NAPA Auto Parts Auto Show at the NAPA parking lot 800 Southlake Boulevard. Open to all autos from 1913 to present. Food on site, dash plaques for the first 100 entrants, Top 30 Awards, 11 Best of Awards, plus 2 to 3 cash give-a-ways depending on the number of entries. 8AM to 3PM. Info Bob Akers 804-402-2216.
- May 10th - 6th Annual Shake, Rattle & Roll Spring Car Show Downtown Suffolk, VA. On-site Registration 7:30-10am. Show 10am-3pm; Awards 2pm Advance Registration discount $20 before 4/10/14; $25 after 4/10/14
Pre-1975 vehicles only. Trophies Awarded
First 200 registrants receive; VIP Reception Access, commemorative gift, goodie bag & dash plaque
Host hotel discounts available at the Hilton Garden Inn Riverfront 757-925-1300
Contact Sonia for details about vendor spaces and sponsorship opportunities 757-642-6216
Enjoy live music, crafters, hula hoop contests, merchandise, door prizes, a tribute tent and more.
Rain or Shine. Admission for spectators is free
- May 16 - 18 - Super Chevy Show at Virginia Motorsports Park, 8018 Boydton Plank Road, Petersburg VA 23803. The event features Drag Racing, Car Show, Vendors, Swap Meet and Car Corral. The 2014 showcase models will be the Chevelle, Nova and El Camino. RV spots are available. Visit our website www.VirginiaMotorsports.com or the show website www.SuperChevyShow.com for details. For further information, email email@example.com or call 804.862.3174.
- June 14 - 15 - Fun Ford Weekend at Virginia Motorsports Park, 8018 Boydton Plank Road, Petersburg VA 23803. The event features Drag Racing, Car Show, Vendors, Swap Meet and Car Corral. Visit our website www.VirginiaMotorsports.com or the show website www.FunFordWeekend.com for details. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804.862.3174.
- September 20 - 21 - Mopar Madness at Virginia Motorsports Park, 8018 Boydton Plank Road, Petersburg VA 23803. The event features Drag Racing, Car Show, Vendors, Swap Meet and Car Corral. Visit our website www.VirginiaMotorsports.com or the show website www.megamoparaction.com for details. For further information, email email@example.com or call 804.862.3174.
If you have a cruise-in that will run during the fall and winter - contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get it listed.
- Every Sunday (Sunday’s Cruise-In) if weather permits – Fairfield Cruisers are having weekly cruise-in Sunday afternoon/evenings. Fairfield Commons Mall at the corner of Laburnum Ave and Nine Mile Rd; (4869 Nine Mile Rd Richmond, VA 23223). Start time 3:00 PM effective Oct. 27th till dark; Open to all years, makes and models. This is a new site, each week it has been growing, really good numbers for such a short time. Free refreshment for car owners while they last, 50/50 raffle at least two drawings, music etc. Several restaurants on site or nearby. Contact or questions Paul Holmes 804-397-4669 or Derk Jones 804-218-3476.
- November 9th 2013 thru 2014. "Keep 'Em Runnin" Every Saturday Afternoon Year-Round at Brunetti's Express. There's No Telling What the Weather May be in the Cooliest Lil' Town of Mechanicsville, VA. But There is One Thing For Sure ...We All Enjoy Cruisin' Our Old Cars. Pass the Good Word Along, Brunetti's 301 & Atlee Cruise-In is the Winter Cruise-In Spot from 2 pm till 6pm as of Nov. 9th on. There's Plenty of Night Lights to Stay Tuned Up with Fellow Gearheads. Enjoy Great Italian / American Food, Fre-Ray Sounds Spinnin' the Tunes (If She Doesn't Get Freezed Out) Lots of Parking Space (No, there are No Flowers) Contact Lea Dunham at Still Runnin, A REAL LIFE HOT ROD MAGAZINE at 386.846.2347 or 804.746.2791 for any questions.
© 1999 - 2013 Car Club Council of Central Virginia, Inc - All Rights Reserved